Monday 4 December 2017

Curriculum Vitae

Curriculum Vitae




Rhiana Letts
07949719081
Rhianaletts.01@gmail.com

Profile
I am currently in my final year studying English & Media at Birmingham City University. I am hard – working, punctual and dedicated to everything I do. I am open to various opportunities relating to the media industry as I am willing to further broaden my skills and knowledge. I have strong written and verbal communication skills, I can also work both in a team and independently when needed.
Interests
I am particularly interested in Media, specifically digital marketing, communications and PR. The subject fascinates me, and it has a growing influence on my life as well as other peoples. I enjoy building relationships with people and networking. I love opportunities that allow me to be creative and develop my skills further. Besides Media, sometimes I like to play sports especially football, athletics and basketball. In enjoy being able to apply what I have learnt to my work.
Experience

Primark,
Customer assistant
March 2019 – Present

-          Exceptional customer service
-          Being tidy and organised – keeping my section in the store presentable to entice customers
-          Patience, initiative and determination as the job comes with its challenges
-          Flexibility – Being able to do overtime due to the stores frequent business
-          Money handling – working on the tills, doing cash & card transactions, refunds & exchanges

City of Birmingham Rockets Basketball Club
Social media assistant
July 2018 – August 2018

-          Social media and digital marketing
-          Administration – making sure each players & staff gets their equipment for the basketball events
-          Research – to improve their social media presence, by researching how this can be done.
-          Application of prior knowledge to improve the company’s social media presence which I have taken from my university studies
-          Communication skills – Attending & participating in meetings, producing emails which were broadcasted, participating in a video used for social media
-          Time-management and discipline – being punctual each day and when attending event for each day to be productive.
Showsec
Steward
July 2018 – Present

-          Customer service skills
-          Dealing with customer requests and complaints
-          Carrying out pre-event checks
-          Ensuring customer safety by managing the size of the crowds
-          Monitoring crowds to ensure their safety

Clarks
Sales Assistant
June 2017 – August 2017

-          Money handling – working on the tills, doing cash & card transactions
-          Handling and organizing stock – making sure the shoes were tidy, making them easy to find when needed
-          Working in various departments such as kids and women’s – having product knowledge & product promotions in the different departments 
-          A qualified shoe fitter for women and kids. – I attended training and was also shown in store how to fit children for school shoes
-          Working in a fast-pace environment – during sale periods and busy store hours, I had to move faster to satisfy each customer
-          Great customer service.

Primark,
Customer assistant
December 2015 – August 2016

Fitzrovia Youth in Action
Young ambassador; customer assistant
October 2014 – January 2015

-          Voluntary work – working with a non-profit organization
-          Running and organizing an event (250 people attended) – a Christmas event aimed to bring the community together
-          Dealing with complaints and special requests

Education
-          Birmingham City University | English & Media joint honors                                 
-          September 2016 - Present
-                                                      
-          City and Islington Sixth Form Centre | A-levels
-          Media Studies (B) English Literature & Language (B) Psychology (B)     
-          September 2014 – August 2016                                                                                                   
-           
-          Bacon’s College | GCSE’s,
-          11 GCSE’s including Mathematics (B) and English (B)

Achievements & Awards
Lloyds Banking Group Junior Scholars Programme (2014-2015)
-          Learning and understanding the business behind the bank.        
AQA accreditation for customer service (2014-2015)
-          received as a recognition for all the work I did for Fitzrovia Youth in Action             
National Citizen Service (2014)
-          A programme that developed my confidence, had new experiences and gained a lot of transferable skills i.e. teamwork, problem-solving, leadership.

References
References available on request.


No comments:

Post a Comment